Explore Veterinary Careers in Alhambra, CA
West Main Animal Hospital has served the Alhambra community since 1978. Our privately-owned, family-run practice is offering veterinary careers for individuals dedicated to helping others and nurturing bonds between pets and people.
With services ranging from essential wellness care, surgery, dentistry, and advanced diagnostics to cold laser therapy and treatment for rabbits and pocket pets, we offer a wide variety of medical cases and fulfilling experiences to our team members.
Learn more about our available veterinary careers and apply with us today!
We are looking for an for a compassionate Veterinarian to prevent and treat illnesses in our practice’s patients, and to improve their health and well being. The Veterinarian’s patients will include dogs, cats, rabbits, hamsters, guinea pigs, rats and closely related animals. You will collaborate with team members to uphold ethical practices and medical standards, and to share veterinary knowledge. You will work together with clients to select the best treatment solutions for individual patients, using state-of-the-art pharmaceuticals, materials and equipment.
To be successful in this position you need to collaborate effectively with clients to create tailor-made health solutions for pets. Preferred candidates are organized, well-informed and have high emotional intelligence.
- Assessing and examining patients, and diagnosing their medical issues.
- Conducting laboratory tests on specimens to diagnose medical conditions.
- Performing diagnostic imaging and ultrasound tests.
- Operating radiographic and ultrasound equipment to conduct further diagnostic testing.
- Performing surgery, dressing, and treating wounds, and prescribing medication.
- Advising pet owners on proper aftercare following surgeries and medical procedures.
- Promoting preventative care by advocating and administering routine vaccinations, and by educating clients on positive diet and lifestyle choices for pets.
- Improving patients’ dental health by performing checkups, and cleaning and extracting teeth.
- Ensuring compliance with veterinary ethics and relevant statutes, policies, and procedures.
- Maintaining patients’ medical records.
- Euthanizing patients.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree.
- Appropriate state licensure.
- Strong affinity for animals.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Ability to make prudent decisions regarding welfare and well-being of animals.
- Excellent people skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Available to work extended hours.
- Undeterred by being scratched, bitten, or exposed to infectious diseases, and resilient to noise.
Experience: 1 – 3 years
Our 2-doctor small animal hospital in Alhambra is currently looking for a part-time Registered Veterinary Technician. We are a small yet mighty family owned business and would love to add another Tech to our busy team.
- California licensed Veterinary Technician
- Live locally to Alhambra, CA
- Must be an experienced, mature and skillful licensed veterinary technician.
- Needs to be proficient in all technical skills and that will be dependent on compensation.
- Needs to be a professional, motivated, self-starter, computer competent, and enjoy working as a team player and with clients in client education.
- Veterinary Technician – at least 4 years of experience