Dog and Cat Teeth Cleaning in Alhambra
Pet dental care is one of the most important aspects of your pet’s overall health. Many pet owners do not realize this, but oral health has a direct effect on physical health. For this reason, it is so important to keep your pet’s mouth healthy and clean at all times.
When your pet comes in to our office for their annual wellness exam or a sick visit, we perform a nose-to-tail examination that includes the oral cavity. If a professional dog or cat teeth cleaning is recommended, we will schedule that for a separate time.
What a Professional Dog and Cat Teeth Cleaning Consists Of
When your pet comes in for a professional teeth cleaning at our Alhambra animal hospital, their care consists of the following steps:
- Pre-anesthetic blood work to ensure that your pet is healthy enough for anesthesia
- Anesthesia administration and monitoring which is conducted throughout the procedure
- Removal of tartar and plaque from tooth surfaces and below the gumline
- Polishing of tooth surfaces
- Extraction of any teeth that are damaged beyond repair
- Fluoride treatments to strengthen teeth
At Home Dog and Cat Teeth Cleaning
When your pet’s professional pet dental has been completed, ongoing at home dental care is a very important aspect of keeping your pet healthy. We can teach you about proper tooth brushing techniques to use on your pet and make recommendations about the best dental care treats or tools available. Ask us for more information!